Bethesda recently welcomed the students of Ridgewater College Nursing Department to the Sunrise Village and North Pointe campuses for a Health Fair. Each student prepared a presentation about health-related topics promoting health and wellness for older adults.
The students presented topics to residents: exercise, mobility, reducing arthritis pains, fall prevention, healthy nutrition on a budget, healthy minds, and more. Each table included a presentation board, informational literature, and some even included treats.
One of the available pamphlets was tips on identifying the signs of early detection for Alzheimer’s.
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life
- Challenges in planning or solving problems
- Difficulty completing familiar tasks at home, work, or at leisure
- Confusion of place or time
- Trouble understanding visual images or spatial relationships
- New issues with words while writing or speaking
- Misplacing things or inability to retrace steps
- Decreased or poor judgment
- Withdrawal from work or social activities
- Changes in mood and personality
For a more detailed description of the warning signs of Alzheimer’s Disease, visit: alz.org/10signs
It was a fantastic experience for the nursing students to share some of the topics they have been studying.
At Bethesda, we are proud to offer a scholarship program to help many people realize their dreams of going into the nursing field.