Memory Care strives to enhance the physical, spiritual and intellectual life of the residents, while giving their families support and peace of mind. We provide assisted-living care in a secure setting that is designed to embody the comforts of home for individuals living with memory loss, while continuing to address person-centered health needs.
Our Memory Care neighborhood on the Bethesda Grand campus in Willmar is designed to meet the needs of people with memory impairments, such as Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia.
Dementia is a general term for a decline in mental ability severe enough to interfere with daily life. Alzheimer’s is the most common cause of dementia. Alzheimer’s is a specific disease. Dementia is not, according to the Alzheimer’s Association.
When our Memory Care neighborhood is built at Bethesda North Pointe, the Gardenia Neighborhood, we will continue to meet the needs of people with memory impairments and embrace a household design that enables couples the unique opportunity to remain living together in an apartment, if desired.Contact us for more information
Goals in Memory Care are:
- To provide a secure area with programs that meet the special behavioral needs of the residents.
- To develop programming that maximizes the physical and cognitive functioning of the individual.
- To provide a protective, secure environment that minimizes the need for physical and chemical restraints.
- To provide support and education for family and staff.
- To provide specially trained staff committed to the holistic care of the person with dementia.
- Specialized activity programming that meets the needs of residents with memory loss
- Specially trained staff committed to the holistic care of the person with dementia
- A safe, secure environment
- Enhancing the physical and cognitive functioning of the individual
- Reducing the need for physical and chemical restraints
- Support for family and loved ones
- Chaplaincy services
- Beauty/barber shop on site
- Alzheimer’s support group for family members meets monthly on the Bethesda campus (temporarily postponed due to COVID-19)
- A secure, outdoor courtyard with gardening available