Our Outpatient Therapy & Rehab Program is here for you
Bethesda offers an Outpatient Therapy Program that allows you to visit our Wellness Center on an outpatient basis to receive comprehensive rehabilitation services, which include physical, occupational and speech therapy. Our Outpatient Therapy Program is flexible and individualized to promote independence, choice and dignity.
People from across West Central Minnesota choose Bethesda’s Outpatient Therapy Program for our trusted and experienced staff and proven results. We are located inside Bethesda’s Wellness Center, and all of our therapy and rehabilitation services are available to the public. Our experienced staff serve people of all ages and offer convenient hours to meet your needs.
Call to make an appointment for physical, occupational, or speech therapy with one of our trained therapists. If you need help in obtaining a physician’s referral to Bethesda’s Outpatient Therapy Program, please contact our office at (320) 214-5619, and we would be happy to assist.
Scheduled appointments will follow all necessary coronavirus (COVID-19) precautions and guidelines for the health and safety of our patients and staff. Procedures will be explained to patients when they schedule their appointment.
Outpatient therapy services include:
- Physical therapy focuses on restoring and maintaining movement and functional ability throughout the lifespan. Individuals who have experienced a stroke, a joint replacement, cardiac or respiratory problems, balance impairments, or have movement disorder such as Parkinson’s will benefit from physical therapy.
- Occupational therapy addresses important elements in the treatment of individuals experiencing functional limitations in self-care skills (i.e. dressing, bathing) and activities of daily living (i.e. cooking, cleaning, driving a car). It helps people return to the activities they want through therapeutic use of activities. A treatment plan may include:
- Fine and gross motor control development
- Upper body strengthening and coordination
- Home evaluations/adaptive equipment training
- Hand therapy
- Cognitive skills development
- Speech therapy is the evaluation and treatment of variety of hearing, language, speech, and swallowing disorders. The focus is on improving speech-language abilities and oral motor skills for improved speech production and safe eating. Speech therapy may include:
- Receptive/expressive language therapy
- Speech enhancement
- Swallowing therapy
- Cognitive rehabilitation
- Pool therapy is an excellent tool available to all appropriate therapy patients. Bethesda offers a warm-water therapy pool, which will benefit individuals experiencing balance problems, limited weight bearing following a fracture, or pain due to arthritis. The pool includes:
- Wheelchair accessible ramp
- Underwater bikes
- Fit For Surgery – an aquatic wellness program
Who we serve:
Outpatient therapy services are available to the community, as well as to Bethesda residents and tenants. Our experienced therapy staff offers convenient hours to meet your needs. Bethesda’s Outpatient Therapy Program works with all forms of payment options, including Medicare and private insurance. We serve:
- Individuals of all ages from across West Central Minnesota
- Bethesda residents, tenants and clients