In celebration of National Activities Professional Week, Bethesda would like to send a heartfelt “Thank You” to our Activity Staff for all you do. This week is designed to honor activity professionals and the significant role they play in enriching the lives of our seniors.
On a daily basis, you all work to ensure that our residents have a high quality of life. Through participation in activities, our residents experience the following:
Improved Cognitive Skills
– Ability to follow simple directions
– Improved communication/attention span
– Decision making opportunities
– Heightened environmental awareness
– Improved ability to make needs known
– Improved memory skills/self-expression
Improved Physical Skills
– Improved fine/gross motor skills
– Increased endurance/range of motion
– Improved hand/eye coordination
– Increased strength and flexibility
– Improved sleep patterns
– Improved appetite
Improved Emotional Well-Being
– Increased socialization and motivation
– Opportunity for creative expression
– Increased self-esteem
– Increased confidence
– Decreased depression and boredom
– Utilization of stress management skills
Decrease in Behavioral Problems
– Agitation and Anxiety
– Yelling and screaming
– Abusive behavior
– Repetitive motions
– Use of physical and chemical restraints
So often, you go above and beyond. Thank you for planning, implementing and evaluating person-centered, meaningful activities to meet the needs and interests of each of our residents.
Thank you all for the exceptional work you do and for your continued dedication and commitment to those served at Bethesda.
Happy National Activity Professionals Week!