The Memory Care neighborhood, located on the Bethesda Grand campus, is designed to meet the needs of persons with memory impairments, such as Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia and strives to enhance the physical, spiritual and intellectual life of the residents while giving their families support and peace of mind.
The goals in Memory Care are:
- To provide a secure area with programs that meet the special behavioral needs of the residents.
- To develop programming that maximizes the physical and cognitive functioning of the individual.
- To provide a protective, secure environment that minimizes the need for physical and chemical restraints.
- To provide support and education for family and staff.
- To provide specially trained staff committed to the holistic care of the person with dementia.
Memory Care services include:
- Specialized activity programming that meets the needs of residents with memory loss
- Specially trained staff committed to the holistic care of the person with dementia
- A safe, secure environment
- Enhancing the physical and cognitive functioning of the individual
- Reducing the need for physical and chemical restraints
- Support and reduction for family and staff
- Chaplaincy services
- Beauty/barber shop on site
- An Alzheimer’s support group for family members meets on the Bethesda Campus
- A secured outdoor courtyard with gardening available