At Bethesda, we strive to enrich all aspects of life for those we care for, including body, mind and spirit. The Mission of Chaplaincy, through Christian faith, is to foster hope and integrity in residents and staff by attention to Word, sacrament and visitation in partnership with staff, families and parishes.
Bethesda employs two,
non-denominational, pastoral care chaplains who:
- Visit residents regularly and/or as needed
- Lead Sunday worship (Word and Sacrament)
- Teach mid-week Bible studies
- Coordinate pastoral care with residents’ own pastors and congregations
- Encourage and monitor churches in their ministries to residents and are available for counsel to staff and resident families
- Participate in staff resident care conferences
- Offer staff education on spiritual care
- Lead Bible studies in Sunrise Village Assisted Living
- Lead monthly worship services at Park View Village in Olivia, Minnesota
Our chaplains are trained, certified, and called by the church for work as a chaplain in a long-term care setting. They attend Willmar Ministerial Association meetings and denominational pastor association meetings.
Bethesda is a Social Ministry Organization of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, affiliated through Lutheran Services in America and encourages individuals from all faiths and denominations to be a part of our center.
Please contact one of our chaplains, Pastor Mary Hovland or Pastor Bill Miller, at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you would like additional information or assistance.Contact us for more information