At Bethesda, we strive to enrich all aspects of life for those we care for, including body, mind and spirit. The Mission of Chaplaincy, through Christian faith, is to foster hope and integrity in residents and staff by attention to Word, sacrament and visitation in partnership with staff, families and parishes.
Bethesda employs a full-time, non-denominational pastoral care chaplain who:
- Visits residents regularly and/or as needed
- Leads Sunday worship (Word and Sacrament)
- Teaches mid-week Bible studies
- Coordinates pastoral care with residents’ own pastors and congregations
- Encourages and monitors churches in their ministries to residents and is available for counsel to staff and resident families
- Participates in staff resident care conferences
- Offers staff education on spiritual care
- Leads Bible studies in Sunrise Village Assisted Living
- Leads monthly worship services at Park View Village in Olivia, MN
Our chaplain is trained, certified, and called by the church for work as a chaplain in a long-term-care setting and attends Willmar Ministerial Association meetings and denominational pastor’s association meetings.
Bethesda is a Social Ministry Organization (SMO) of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), affiliated through Lutheran Services in America (LSA) and encourages individuals from all faiths and denominations to be a part of our center.
Please contact one of our chaplains, Pastor Mary Hovland or Pastor Bill Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like additional information or assistance.Contact Us for More Information